Yoga - all types
Meditation - Focus on breath awareness and counting
Back to Nature - Being outdoors and doing activities
Mindfulness - Be present in everything you do
Cooking - Its very nurturing and nourishing to think about the right foods, cooking, preparing, feeding others
Creativity - Sing in the shower! Do art, play an instrument, write a poem :)
A combination of all of the above will really have a positive influence on a more joyful and balanced life.
Need a mat or blanket to lie on, a towel or cushion to use as a bolster, a blanket to cover yourself with.
Dim lights, light candles, incense, maybe some relaxing music without words if that helps focus.
Yin Yoga is less asanas (poses) for longer periods and they stimulate your mind, bringing peace into your wellbeing, and greatly strengthen the body (especially if you engage engage engage). Its a great intro to Yoga too.
- start in child pose, become aware of the breath, breathing in and out, count 20 breaths
-move into a table top (on all fours), then 20 reps of cat (imagine cat hissing looking through your legs under your belly pose) cow (imagine saggy cow back with head and neck stretched up, looking up) pose breathing in with the cow, out with the cat, pulling in your core, and pushing knees and hands into the mat.
- push up to downward dog, 20 breaths, lifting hips, pushing bum up, sucking stomach in, pushing away with feet and hands
- back to childs pose, 20 breaths
- Heros pose, (sat on knees with hands on thighs) 20 breaths
- plank pose 20 breaths
- roll onto back, with towel/cushion under upper back to open up the heart, flop arms to sides palms up, flop knees to sides with feet together like frog, put blanket over you, Savasana. Return to normal breathing, but stay in present moment, if your mind takes you elsewhere, come back to counting your breath. Give yourself 10 mins in this pose. Its a meditation to enjoy
Let me know what you think or if you need help with pose instruction or words? I was thinking about creating some utube links too at some point so I can eliminate the camera 10 second timer get in the pose all quick job J
Should I be worried about getting this in my change from the local coffee shop???
It certainly made me laugh, I love the grammar! Am I really that cheap???